Thursday 11 August 2011

Happiness is India...

When I'm having a tough week, I pull out my pics from my amazing trip to India with my dear sis and one of my closest girlfriends, a couple of years ago, to remind me what pure joy is and what matters most in life...  

Never has this been more important as we witness the heartbreaking scenes of criminal and destructive behaviour in England's cities, as the state-bred welfare mentality sees people destroy the livelihoods, homes and possessions that so many have spent their whole lives working endless hours and years to attain.  It sickens me that these people feel that they are owed everything in life and are prepared to destroy, loot, harm and steal to attain material possessions, such as the latest plasma tv, trainers, money from ATMs and the like.  I could understand if they were on the poverty line and stealing food to survive, however tragically, this is not the case.  They will stop at nothing (even taking the lives of innocent victims trying to protect their homes and businesses) to fuel their criminal behaviour and sustain their greed and victim mentality.

Tonight, I sifted through my 18,000 or so photos (taken over 2 months in India) to pick out my top 20 or so that show the colour and beauty of the Indian people, despite having very little in the way of money or material possessions.  Despite living in abject poverty and environments most of us could never imagine to exist, they are an enlightened, spiritual and generous race, who would happily give their last vibrantly coloured sari to any Westerner (or anyone for that matter) passing through their village, if they could.  Take a look and I hope these pics bring you as much colour, love and light to your week as they did to mine.

Love, 
Miss Manly x

























No comments:

Post a Comment